Bournemouth 1-3 West Ham: Payet it forward


West Ham scored three targets in 17 second-half minutes to secure a fine comeback victory at read more Bournemouth inside the Barclays Premier League on Tuesday evening.

The Cherries appeared on course for victory right after Harry Arter opened the scoring with 17 minutes gone around the south coast.

But Dimtri Payet hauled the guests level having a magnificent free-kick shortly following the hour mark, prior to Enner Valencia netted twice to find out West Ham triumph 3-1 – their third consecutive league victory.

Benik Afobe, the £10million signing from Wolves, was Eddie Howe;s only change from his side;s 0-0 draw at Leicester, with fellow new arrivals Lewis Grabban and Juan Iturbe were around the bench.

Payet made his first start (click here to buy fifa 16 coins) for the Hammers in over 3 months, while Pedro Obiang kept his place within the visitors; starting XI following their 1-0 victory against Wolves within the FA Cup.

In Bournemouth;s first Premier League game under the lights, it was West Ham who enjoyed the best of a scrappy opening.

Mark Noble blazed his effort over after a sloppy header from Simon Francis, before the Bournemouth defender made amends with a good clearance underneath his own bar following fine work from Andy Carroll around the right.

It was to be the injury-prone forward;s last contribution. The 27-year-old, making only his seventh league start of the season, was left on the floor holding his left leg after just 12 minutes and moments later was hobbling down the tunnel shaking his head with his match over.

How long he will be sidelined for this time remains a mystery, but West Ham boss Slaven Bilic soon had more pressing matters when Bournemouth took the lead just after 17 minutes.

Arter let fly from 20 yards and goalkeeper Adrian, diving low to his right, could only palm the ball into his own net.

The Republic of Ireland midfielder was celebrating his first Premier League (buy cheap fifa coins) goal and suddenly the momentum was with Bournemouth.

Afobe, who scored 23 targets in 48 games for Wolves, headed over the bar from six yards, prior to Charlie Daniels; fizzing effort was palmed away by Adrian.

Afobe then found himself with only Adrian to beat just after a fine through-ball from Junior Stanislas, but the former Arsenal striker fluffed his lines and a grateful Adrian collected the ball.

On the stroke of half-time Artur Boruc was at full stretch to tip Payet;s shot over the bar to ensure the Cherries headed into the interval with the advantage in what was the visiting side;s first real effort on goal.

After the break, Bournemouth seemed content to sit back and it was West Ham who enjoyed more of the ball, but without the goal threat of Carroll failed to test Boruc.

That was until Payet;s moment of magic shortly soon after the hour mark. His curling free-kick left Boruc with no chance and his effort crashed in on the underside of the bar.

West Ham were buoyant and they took the lead seven minutes later right after the brilliant Payet teed up Valencia, who could not miss from eight yards.

Bournemouth were left stunned and they failed to muster a clear chance within the remaining 16 minutes. Indeed it was Valencia who put the icing around the West Ham cake, with the second brilliant free-kick of a fine evening for Bilic;s men.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.